Vinyl Cutting doing its bit for Fundraising!

I really enjoyed using the Cricut vinyl cutter in the Shapiro Design Lab for the first time! I made two shirts for a 5k fundraiser that my business organization was putting on as prizes for the top two finishers, as well as a few stickers to give out randomly to participants in the race.

Our club created this design using Adobe Illustrator, then uploaded the design to the Cricut software program. For the shirts, I cut the design on heat transfer vinyl. For the stickers, I used regular sticky vinyl. I weeded the designs and then used the heat press for the heat transfer vinyl to iron them onto the shirt, then cut out transfer tape to use for the stickers.

T-shirt Graphic

The shirts and stickers were a hit at our 5k fundraiser, and using the Shapiro Design Lab’s resources greatly reduced the cost of providing such a prize. Custom ordering this design for just 1-2 items from a vendor would have cost a fortune, so I highly recommend students and clubs take advantage of this resource to save club funds. I was especially grateful to use this for a charity/fundraising event since we wanted to see as much money as possible go toward the nonprofit we supported.