Upping the merch game with the Vinyl Cutter

I had so much fun using the vinyl cutter in the Shapiro Design Lab. I made some adorable custom tote bags from the plain bags I bought from Amazon. I created my design in Canva. Canva was really easy to use and it had a lot of designs that were pre-made and easy to customize. 

Once I finalized my design, I completed my Canvas Module and contacted the Design Lab. The staff was SUPER friendly throughout the whole process. 

Once in the lab, the first step was to upload my design to the Cricut software program. Then, we set the setting for the machine and made the cutouts on heat transfer vinyl. The white body of the penguin, the black detailing, and the words were all separate parts. Once it was printed, I weeded the cutouts. After weeding, I used the heat press to iron the design on the tote bag. 

As you can see in the picture below, the tote bags turned out super cute and I use mine all the time. I get so many compliments. I would say all students should definitely take advantage of the amazing resources the Library offers.