Seed Library Planting with Paper Planter

My work with the seed library development team connected me with the Design Lab in Shapiro Undergraduate Library. We wanted to create sustainable workshop materials and foster partnerships on campus for our Earth Day Event in April 2024 so choosing the Design Lab was an easy choice. I was able to take a quick informative Canvas tutorial about the lab’s 3D printing materials and specifics. The module even connects you to sources for printing ideas for a variety of needs including jewelry, fun decor and much more! We decided to use one such resource, Thingiverse, where we found a design for a paper potmaker, which was exactly what we needed. We will use the paper potmakers both for the Earth Day event and at the seed library’s location in Shapiro, so students have an accessible means of creating small newspaper pots to start their seed growing journey! As this was my first experience with 3D printing, the Design Lab team was extremely helpful in walking me through the entire process and creating a folder to store the files so that I can access them easily for future use. This is a great resource on campus, and I will definitely be back to print more.