Posts tagged with Design Lab Residency

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 items
  • Justin Schell
Find out more about the 2021-22 Design Lab Residency and how to apply.
  • Justin Schell
Announcing the 2018-19 Shapiro Design Lab Residency
"Look out" printed in Lego blocks
  • Nicholas Anthony Pandolfi
The Design Lab is an aspirational entity, always in the process of becoming. While this creates a certain amount of ambiguity at times, it also provides a refreshing sense of possibility. My role as a resident at the Lab over this past academic year has allowed me to develop what were several casual interests of mine into keener ones, picking up useful know-how and experience along the way. In this post, I have given each of these interests and projects their own mini-blurb.
Screenshot from "10 Degrees" Videogame
  • Christopher Karounos
Working at the Design Lab has allowed me to do “something new” on at least 3 different levels: (1) Learning how to do new skills; (2)Working as a “librarian” assistant; and (3) Cutting edge technology and topics. I never would have guessed I would be working in a library. Working as a resident of the library has opened my eyes to how much I share in common with librarians who like myself want to encourage the dissemination of information as well as culture, science, and truthful exploration of information.
  • Paris Hsu
Resident Paris Hsu reflects on a presentation by Kate Starbird entitled "Online rumors, conspiracy theories and disinformation in the context of crisis response."
  • Christopher Karounos
Design Lab Resident Chris Karounos participated in this year's United Nations climate negotiations in Bonn, Germany as an observer delegate. Here he shares some reflections and in interview with the Secretary of Foreign Affairs for the Marshall Islands.
  • Justin Schell
Here's what the Shapiro Design Lab will be up to in 2017-18!
  • Justin Schell
Announcing the next cohort of the Shapiro Design Lab Residency.
  • Rashun Jamal Miles
RJ speaks about his first semester as a Design Lab Resident.